Why I Stopped Using Google Chrome For Android And Why You Might Want To


One of the phones I use daily is the Tecno Spark 2, I believe a couple of you might have watched that review, but if you haven't go to my channel - http://www.youtube.com/MichaelAjah (don't forget to subscribe though) 


The phone runs on Android Go and basically has 16GB of storage. I usually don't have much apps on the phone but recently I started getting a low storage notification.

I deleted lots of pictures, deleted my favorite songs and some videos just to get space but within a few days the storage spsce was gone again. This continued for a few more days so I decided to check my phone properly.

Considering it's an Android Go smartphone, Google optimized everything but forgot to optimize Chrome obviously. This is why we obviously need Chrome Go.

Please just take a look at the picture below and tell me if this is fair.


Google Chrome taking a whopping 5.6GB of space on an Android Go smartphone. Even Facebook doesn't get up to this size, what kind of data are they storing that gets up to 5.6GB. 

To cut the story short, since Chrome is a system software and I can't uninstall it. I've ditched it permanently. You might want to check how many GB your Chrome is taking from your phone. 

 



Powered by Blogger.